Friday, May 30, 2008

PREPOSITIONS (on, it, by etc.)

Preposition Exercises 1

Test your knowledge of the prepositions in / at / to / nothing - showing place and movement. Choose either in, at, to, or nothing and click on the arrow to see you have answered correctly.

1. He lives Skwierzyna.

2. She went home.

3. Marcin works Gorzów Wlkp.

4. He went his friend's house.

5. She arrived Manchester for the celebrations.

6. I'm going to stay home this weekend.

7. Joanna works the hospital.

8. Why don't we go the movies tonight?

9. I'm going to see Hania France this summer.

10. I arrived work early this morning.

11. She came home early.

12. We stayed the Mieszko Hotel.

13. They visited England last summer.

14. She's going to travel Finland this summer.

15. I'll be school later today.

Preposition Exercises 2

Test you knowledge of the prepositions for / while / during. Choose either for, while or during and click on the arrow to see you have answered correctly.

1. He's been working three weeks.

2. I fell asleep the film.

3. Did you see Donata your holiday?

4. We talked an hour.

5. He watched TV I cooked.

6. our stay in London, we visited a lot of museums.

7. What did you do you were in London?

8. I think I need to study Polish a few months before I go there.

9. I came up with a great idea I was thinking about my class.

10. They drove through the countryside they were staying in France.

11. He was out of work six months before he found a new job.

12. I broke my finger I was playing squash.

13. Please, don't interrupt the teacher he is speaking.

14. Magda broke into tears the film.

15. Could you hold on a few moments?

Preposition Exercises 3

Test you knowledge of the prepositions in / at / on - showing time and date. Choose either in, at or on and click on the arrow to see you have answered correctly.

1. Let's meet seven o'clock.

2. He was born July.

3. I went there 1998.

4. She'll be at work Thursday.

5. We met Christmas day.

6. They drove to Barlinek September 15th.

7. We arrived in this country September.

8. I love to go shopping Christmas time.

9. We get up early the morning.

10. Do you dream night?

11. What do you like doing weekends?

12. He's working on his homework the moment.

13. I lived in Holland the 1990s.

14. I'll see you a few weeks.

15. We like going to the cinema Fridays.

Preposition Exercises 4

1 - She wasn't short, she wasn't tall; she was average height.

2 - What are you going to buy Hania her birthday?

3 - The police are looking a tall, black man who was seen standing outside the bank just before the robbery took place.

4 - The teacher asked the class to do the exercise the bottom of page 12.

5 - As a child I was always ashamed my parents because they were uneducated.

6 - I was always very good Geography when I was at school.

7 - My uncle specializes in .

8 - We arrived Gorzów at 3.30 in the morning.

9 - I didn't see you the party on Saturday.

10 - There was a lot of coughing the performance of Moniusko's 'Fairy Tale' symphony.

11 - He saw her as the most attractive woman the world.

12 - Simon is completely useless sports.

Bottom of Form

0 comments: