Friday, May 30, 2008

ENGLISH ARTICLES (a, an, the)

EXERCISE 1

(Pre-Intermediate)

Fill in the gaps. Click on the arrow to see the answer. Don't look back at the original text!

I am from Winchester, Hampshire. Winchester is city in United Kingdom. I live in town called Taunton which is on River Tone. I live in house in quiet street in the countryside. street is called "Hudson Street" and house is old - more than 100 years old! I am English lecturer at college near centre of town. I like books, music and taking photographs. I usually have lunch at college. I usually go home by car. We have all kinds of food in England. I like Polish food very much. Sometimes, I go to Polish restaurant in Bath. restaurant is called "Magda's". Polish food is delicious!

EXERCISE 2

(Elementary / Pre-Intermediate)

a, an, the, zero

Click the answer button to see the correct answer.

  1. Robert and Jessica went to ___ party last night.

  2. Can you tell me how to get to ___ cinema from here?

  3. ___ college is closed today.

  4. Gregory is one of ___ strangest people I know.

  5. I recommend you try ___ tomato soup at this restaurant.

  6. ___ beer is good for you.

  7. Would you like to see ___ film?

  8. ___ apple a day keeps ___ doctor away.

  9. I can't believe I failed ___ yesterday's test!

  10. Do you have ___ dictionary that I can borrow?

EXERCISE 3

(Elementary / Pre-Intermediate)

Click the answer button to see the correct answer.

  1. There were many dogs in the park. One dog was ___ Dalmatian.

  2. Pandas and ___ tigers are both endangered animals.

  3. Magda is wearing ___ blue dress with red shoes

  4. Bornholm is ___ island in the Baltic Sea.

  5. Christmas comes once ___ year.

  6. ___ owl is __ bird.

  7. The Severn is ___ river.

  8. Jane went to the shop to buy ___ bread.

  9. Hania broke ___ glass when she was washing-up.

  10. Tom took ___ umbrella as it was raining heavilly.


EXERCISE 4

(Elementary / Pre-Intermediate)

Click the answer button to see the correct answer.

  1. This is ___ easy question.

  2. Stephen could you speak ___ little louder.

  3. May I have your ___ phone number?

  4. I have never seen ___ UFO.

  5. May I ask you ___ question?

  6. Astrid is ___ best teacher in our school.

  7. What is ___ name of the next station?

  8. My girlfriend has ___ my car today.

  9. I went to ___ sea during my summer holiday.

  10. Is there ___ cash machine near here?

EXERCISE 5

(Elementary)

Click the answer button to see the answer.

  1. This is Joanna. She's _____ doctor.
    a. a
    b. an

  2. Simon is ____ engineer.
    a. a
    b. an

  3. That's Sandra. She's ___ hairdresser.
    a. a
    b. an

  4. Sean Connery is ___ actor.
    a. a
    b. an

  5. John is ____ electrician.
    a. a
    b. an

  6. Mr. Sańko is ___ teacher.
    a. a
    b. an

  7. This is Shirley. She's ___ housewife.
    a. a
    b. an

  8. That's Mark. He's ___ police officer.
    a. a
    b. an

  9. I'm ____ student.
    a. a
    b. an

  10. Kate Winslet is ____ actress.
    a. a
    b. an

0 comments: